Mile builder 24th to 27th of Sept 2020
Pattaya – Koh Chang – Pattaya
24th of Sept
Participants should aim to arrive at OMYC at 10:00am to assist with the preparation of the yacht and provisioning. We will depart from OMYC at 13:00, aiming to, as much as possible, sail to Koh Chang with an anticipated arrival time of approximately 10:00. on the 5th of Sept. This will be a non-stop passage sailing through the night, each participant should be prepared to take their watch.
25th of Sept
On arrival at Koh Chang, we will spend the night at the chosen anchorage with free time ashore.
6th of Sept
Depart Koh Chang for Koh Samet. The focus will be placed on sailing, so the ETA at Koh Samet will be late evening.
27th of Sept
Depart Koh Samet for OMYC, ETA 15:00. The focus on this leg of the voyage is making the estimated arrival time so motor-sailing should be expected.
Crew should aim to arrive at OMYC before 10:00 on the 24th of Sept for provisioning, passage planning and briefing. The target departure time from OMYC is 13:00
ETA at OMYC on the 27th of Sept is 15:00.
What yacht are we going on?
- Our Nautitech 40, Rangiroa, a 40ft Catamaran that has four double cabins, one forepeak cabin and two heads. Although an older model yacht, the Nautitech 40 is well known across the industry as one of the best sailing performers in its class. The Nautitech 40 is a perfect yacht for coastal cruising, and being much like the typical “Charter Cat,” it’s ideal for those that are looking to build experience heading out solo on a charter yacht.
What’s the cost?
26,000 baht per person.
For an additional person sharing your cabin + 10,000 baht.
- Yacht and equipment
- Fuel used
- Skipper fee
- Light breakfast & lunch (if onboard)
- 1 Dinner underway.
What’s not included:
Everything else. IE:
- Transport to and from the yacht
- Any onshore costs, any accommodation and the like.
- Any cost associated with delays
NOTE: Wherever possible, all meals will be ashore. Meals ashore are at the Crew-members expense and not included in the Mile-builder price.
What to do next:
Please do read the rest of this email and then fill out the email form at the bottom of the page.
Can my girlfriend come or can I share a cabin with a friend:
Yes, but only if they have sailing experience acceptable to the Skipper and Island Spirit Charters, the share cabin price applies.
What’s it like, what should I expect? (Crew):
A mile-builder is unlike cruising or racing, the intent of the event is to provide an opportunity for Crew-members to build confidence through hands-on experience and at the same time, gain the requisite miles to progress with their yacht training.
As the mission is to gain miles, we make every effort to sail rather than motor or motor-sail, so it can sometimes be slow-going, and we don’t always arrive at the prescribed ETA, except for the final return time.
The Skipper will divide the Crew into watches, each group will be expected to stand their watch on a rotation basis, 2-4 hours on and then have the opportunity to rest before their next watch. It is common and sometimes necessary to sail for periods of 24 hours or more without stopping, the watch rotation continues throughout.
In addition to crewing underway, you should also expect to assist with shore-based tasks such as provisioning and with the preparation of the yacht; boat checks, etc before departing.
Please note that there is No Alcohol allowed on the yacht & the Skipper may, at his sole discretion, refuse a crew member re-boarding permission if they return to the yacht at any time intoxicated, and no refund will be considered.
What am I expected to have:
- Crewing experience commensurate to your position on board.
- Wet weather gear, a jacket will do.
Are the destination times guaranteed:
No, the Skipper has the description to modify the passage plan as he sees fit, however, he will make every effort to return to the end destination as per the posted ETA.
What about cancellation:
- If you pull out you lose your money.
- If we cancel, you get your money back.
- NOTE: If you are flying in for this trip, we advise taking travel insurance just in case we do have to cancel due to bad weather