Basic Marine First Aid
The one day GCT First Aid at Sea course will give you the knowledge and skills to help an injured or sick person onboard until qualified help arrives. This program requires a minimum time commitment of only 8 hours and covers both life threatening and non-life threatening injuries and illnesses.
- Scene Assessment & Personal Protection
- Single Rescuer CPR & Airway Management
- Introduction to AED usage
- Response to Bleeding, Burns and Shock
- Spinal Injury Management
- Choking Management
- Moving a patient
- Problems associated with Heat & Cold
This course may be taken either as an eight hour program or may be spread over two evenings for those with a busy schedule.